Excitement is what pushes me into painting a picture of something I see on my walks in the countryside or actually anywhere. The unusual that promotes a strong emotion, particularly a feeling of fear, anger, shock or difference. There is no particular influence by an Artist in my life as I love many forms of Art. I do believe that having a particular Artist influence could restrict my individuality. When I started my BA Fine Art Degree over 2 years ago it can only be said that I opened my eyes and mind, so I started on this great adventure.
- 2017 – 2022 BA(Hons) Fine Art, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 1976 -1978 Kingston College Part time A’ Level Art Practical O’ Level History of Art Italian Renaissance
- 1963-1965 Kingston College of Further Education RSA 1 & 2 English & Maths
- 1959 – 1963 Camrose Secondary Modern, Edgware
Courses Attended / Further Training / Art Societies
- June 2017 Landscape Painting with Tom Benjamin
- Apr 2016 – 2017 Sculpture Courses at Sussex Studios Billingshurst
- 2016 – 2017 Portrait & Life Painting with Lucie Cookson at Birdham 1 day or more per week (school terms).
- 2016 Group Exhibition at Storrington Art Centre Kate Tugwell varied drawing and painting one day per week.
- 2010 – 2017 Basil Shippham Centre Chichester Art Society one day per week Life and Portrait drawing and painting.
- 2010 One week in Scicly watercolour Landscapes with Lucy Willis
- 1978 – 1982 Attended Staines Oast House for drawing and painting weekly, one evening and some day time courses with Bill Crinson and Don Davy various subjects i.e. still life, portrait etc.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2018 Corridor Gallery Exhibition, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 2018 Pop-Up First Year Exhibition, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 2017 Birdham – Art Group Exhibition run by Lucy Cookson
- 2016 Oxmarket Gallery Chichester Art Society Group Summer Exhibition
- 2016 Storrington Art Group Exhibition
- 1981 Oast House Group Exhibition of Drawing and Painting