Something emotional, disturbing or just needing expressing are all part of what can make me want to capture that moment in a picture. Something I see on my walks in the countryside or anywhere. The unusual that promotes a strong emotion, particularly a feeling of fear, anger, shock or difference. There is no particular influence by an Artist in my life as I love many forms of Art. I love the work of Anselm Keifer, Peter Doig, Leonardo da Vinci, Renoir, Anthony Gormley, the list is endless and they all influence me with their enthusiasm and love of Art. My own personal opinion is that I do believe that having a particular Artists influence could affect my individuality.
I started a BA Fine Art Degree over 4 years ago and am currently in my last year, 2021/22. It can be said that it has changed my life and opened my eyes and mind to the world of creativity that I loved so much as a child.
- 2017 – 2022 BA(Hons) Fine Art, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 1976 -1978 Kingston College Part time A’ Level Art Practical O’ Level History of Art Italian Renaissance
- 1963-1965 Kingston College of Further Education RSA 1 & 2 English & Maths
- 1959 – 1963 Camrose Secondary Modern, Edgware
Courses Attended / Further Training / Art Societies
- July 2021 – Seawhites – Emily Ball Summer School Course on abstraction
- June 2020 – New School of Art Plein Air course with Louise Balaam on ‘Imagination’
- August 2021 – West Dean course with Nick Bodimead – Abstraction
- July 2021 – Seawhites Course with Emily Ball – Abstraction
- September – October 2020 Colour Mixing (acrylic) – Genevieve Reed-Allen
- September 2020 – New School of Art – Lewes – Louise Balaam on Expressive & sub concious mind painting Plein Air
- August 2020 – West Dean – Chichester – Large Expressive Figurative Painting – Chris Gilvan Cartwright
- February 2019 – West Dean – Chichester – Weaving Course
- November 2018 – West Dean – Drawing Circus – Jake Spicer
- September 2018 – New School of Art – Julian le bas – Plein Air oil painting of landscapes
- June 2017 Landscape Painting with Tom Benjamin
- Apr 2016 – 2017 Sculpture Courses at Sussex Studios Billingshurst
- 2016 – 2017 Portrait & Life Painting with Lucie Cookson at Birdham 1 day or more per week (school terms).
- 2016 – Storrington Art Centre Kate Tugwell varied drawing and painting one day per week.
- 2010 – 2017 Basil Shippham Centre Chichester Art Society one day per week Life and Portrait drawing and painting.
- 2010 One week in Scicly watercolour Landscapes with Lucy Willis
- 1978 – 1982 Attended Staines Oast House for drawing and painting weekly, one evening and some day time courses with Bill Crinson and Don Davy various subjects i.e. still life, portrait etc.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2022 August an independent exhibition at Skyway Gallery – Shoreham on Sea Sussex
- 2022 July A selection of my pictures chosen to exhibit by invitation at ‘Goring Castle’
- 2022 June Degree Show Exhibition in the Corridors of Northbrook College
- 2022 Drawing Space Northbrook College Exhibition – ‘Bullocks’
- 2020 Corridor Exhbition Northbrook College – Work produced at Lousie Balaam course for ‘imagination’ Plein Air painting
- 2020 Online exhibition on West Sussex Art Society website
- 2019 Corridor Gallery Exhibition, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 2018 Corridor Gallery Exhibition, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 2018 Pop-Up First Year Exhibition, Northbrook College, Sussex
- 2017 Birdham – Art Group Exhibition run by Lucy Cookson
- 2016 Oxmarket Gallery Chichester Art Society Group Summer Exhibition
- 2016 Storrington Art Group Exhibition
- 1981 Oast House Staines-upon-Thames Group Exhibition of Drawing and Painting